Wednesday, March 11, 2009

For Mr. Blue Eyes


Another little sweater is on the way. (By the way, March is National Crafter's month!)
I am really loving this Vanna's Choice yarn by Lion Brand. It's a regular 4 ply yarn and very soft and easy to work with. I'm using the same pattern and size 8 needles. I actually found a blooper in the pattern, or more correctly, a lack of explaining that the first 5 stitches on the cuffs should be worked in the purl one row and knit the next, for a typical cuff. Actually, that's all right. I marked it on my pattern for future use; but the other sweater doesn't suffer from not having the cuffing anyhow. It's just a different version. That's the great thing about fiber art. You can experiment and/or change a pattern or interpret it your own way, and it's still OK. That's what makes it your own "creation".

No comments: