Sunday, March 8, 2009

For baby



I was looking at sweater patterns online for the 0-3 month or up to 6 month size. I noticed that most of the sweaters looked like small versions of children's sweaters. But the truth is, most new babies in the first months are very "boxy" shaped and it helps if their clothes are intended for that shape. That's why we always roll up those sleeves and pants on these short, chubby people.
I found this sweater jacket pattern which is made up in one piece, then the side seams are sewn up and under the arms. Pretty simple. I don't know why, but I went through my scraps of colors and gave Xander's sweater a "southwest" feeling. Since there was a lot of stopping and starting with changing colors, I think the next one will be made of a solid color, which will go even more quickly. Even so, this project is easily done in a couple of nights while watching TV. I used 4 ply knitting worsted yarn and size 8 needles.

No comments: