Wednesday, March 4, 2009

For T-Dogg


So, I finished up my latest project, a simple sweater vest (in lavender) for T-Dogg. The pattern I used went by chest size and I didn't have her in front of me; so I sort of winged it. Later, I held the back up to her and realized that she is getting tall all of a sudden! I frogged that (ribbit)and started over, added a few inches to the length. Although I chronicled my progress this morning, I forgot to snap a picture of the finished project before I gave it to her. Oh well, maybe I can get a pic of her wearing it. I used #8 knitting needles and used stockinette stitch, following the decreases for the armholes and the neck as per the pattern directions. I had forgotten how it's more work picking up stitches along the neckline to do the K1, P1 finishing than it is making the rest of the sweater. I used a double strand of Pound of Love yarn, which is a 4 ply worsted weight, but feels thinner and softer, as it is suggested for baby items. With the double strands, it worked up with a thick, hand-made look to it, which I liked. However, the next time I try to use this pattern with the dimensions I made note of for myself...I will have to recalculate if I use a different type of yarn. It's surprising how difficult it is to find a pattern for a simple vest. I found other patterns with buttoned front or zippered, with a hood. I'll have to type up this pattern with my adjustments and keep it handy for the future.

1 comment:

amy said...

just GORGEOUS!!! you are sooo blessed ;)

hope you're doing fabulous!