Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Comfort kitty

Recently, my little grandson had to make a trip to the ER because of a fall.
While he was there, he was the recipient of a "trauma teddy" that someone had knitted.  What a great idea to give comfort to a scared little kid.
Here's my 2nd one
I looked at it, and it was quite plain.  I wondered if that would be a good way to use up scraps of different colors of yarn.  His teddy was pastel blue and white.  You could use almost any colors for a stuffed animal, so I looked up possibilities online.
I decided to give one a try to see how labor-intensive it would be.  I have sent many newborn hats to hospitals in the past, and wanted to see if it was too time-consuming to make teddies.  With the many similar patterns online, I tried one and found that it was too big and used up too much of my yarn.  I don't want to go broke buying yarn to make teddies.  I mean the intention is there....but the money isn't.
So, after perusing the patterns, I whittled one down just a tad, and turned it into a comfort kitty.
The reason that I wanted to do this is because with the trauma teddies,  I noticed that the ears had a "cat" shape to them.....so why not just go with a kitty?
I think it's cute, but I put a little more detail in it, with change of yarn colors and the scarf, etc....
In any case, this is my first one.  And who could go wrong with a kitty?
Speaking of kitties, this is my grandcat, whom I have been babysitting this week:
Redd is 14 1/2 years old, an indoor kitty, and two weeks ago, we thought we were losing him.  He was vomiting up blood, and we still don't know the source.  He also had a fever and was prescribed an antibiotic.  We all prayed for him; but said "goodbye" also.
He bounced back and is eating, playing and just being his old, lovable self!  Thank the Lord.

No comments: