Thursday, April 3, 2008

My second alligator

What you are viewing here is an actual hatching of a new alligator.
My first one was my "test alligator" after receiving the pattern in the mail from Morehouse Farms.
At first I started it in green, which I thought was appropriate for an alligator.....and I thought it seemed thin or a little skimpy, using regular 4 ply worsted yarn. So I changed to double strands of the yarn. Big mistake!
The result was an alligator which actually feels like it's the size of a real alligator wrapped around your neck.
This time, I settled for a single strand of yarn--and decided that alligators most certainly hatch in various colors. This one is varigated and the yarn is appropriately called "surf and turf" by TLC Essentials. I will be hatching some for Fall.

No comments: