Saturday, November 2, 2013

Whew! Dodged a bullet that time!

So, I was waiting for my grand kids to come over here on Halloween night.  This is the meeting place!
They set out from here, circle the neighborhood, then return here to check out their haul.
I was careful with my candles here and there, because I didn't want anyone to bump into them, or risk little sleeves going near them.
As I waited I worked a little more on the recent comfort shawl I am making.  Of course, I always have my trusty mug of coffee near me.
Well, the kids arrived and I got up to greet them.
Xander was in the house for about 30 seconds and spun around, bumping his plastic candy bucket into my coffee cup!  YIKES
It wobbled and spilled a little on the magazine...but miraculously, it didn't spill on the pale yellow yarn that I was working with! 
Whew!  Was I ever happy!  That would have been very discouraging to have coffee on my knitting project.

No comments: