Thursday, November 14, 2013

I'm on a knitting roll! (Or maybe it's because I was in with a cold...)

Well, today is Thursday, and I finished two items since last weekend.
One was a keyhole type of scarf, made with the great yarn that my online/now-in person friend, Laura gave me:
I found that taking a selfie aimed at your neck is not the easiest thing to do.  But in any case, here's the finished product.  Nice and warm and cozy for the New England winter.  
This was the first time I made a keyhole type of scarf, so I checked with Ravelry and found a lot of patterns there.  It really was simple to do, and the pretty colors in this skein blended nicely.  Thanks, Laura!

Next, I was in nursing a cold this week, and I got my needles going on another comfort shawl.  We had quite a stack at our shawl group; but it seems that our stack is getting diminished quickly, as there are names submitted of people who need a little comfort and prayers because of  illness.
Here's one which I found online.  It has a cross on each end, but I found them to be rather small, so I tried to highlight them a bit with some little, pearlescent beads I had from a dress that I had made for my granddaughter.  I also decided to make a chunky fringe at the bottom, with the fringe a little more spaced apart than I have done in the past.
Again, the color isn't exactly true when I use my camera, along with indoor lighting in my living room.
This yarn is considered a "berry" color.
Prayers for healing and comfort go with each shawl our group sends out, although we may not know who the recipient is.

No comments: