Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mark me absent...

Yup, it seems that I've been absent for awhile.

Still here; but when the good weather rolls around in New England, I like to get out in the yard and cut trees and bushes, dig, weed, and put in my veggie garden.

That's what I've been busy with.

Also, we had a great time at the Cape Cod Canal area, visiting relatives and enjoying the beach, cooking out and the annual fireworks!

I think Facebook has taken the place of a lot of people's blogs...and I'm guilty of that.

I will try to check in here, which is a quiet, pleasant place.  Facebook has gotten to be a hotbed of political opinions and complaints in the past year or so.  Sometimes I've had enough.

I've been attending a church in Dighton, MA recently and found that I like it a lot there.
The first week I went there, one of the announcements was regarding their knitting, crocheting group.
I quickly joined up with these women who gather to make prayer or comfort shawls.

It's a really great idea and many patterns are given online.

They are presented to people who are feeling grief, suffering from an illness, etc...and it comforts them and lets them know that they are wrapped in good thoughts of healing and prayers are on the way for them.
I think that's a great use of your crafting skills!
Glad I'm a part of this.

2 comments:

The Irish Poodle said...

You know I agree about Facebook.
You need to post some photos of your veggie garden. Actually I need to take a few of my rather successful potted herb garden. So far so good although I had to put the rosemary up on a table after Michael saw Evan lift his leg on it.Is Ty interested in the veggies?

Markiesnana said...

I will take a pic of my veggie garden! Look for it soon. And, yes, Ty follows me, snooping around as I do some work in my garden.