Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A day to blow out those candles----again

What's it like to be 66? 
Hmmm..I guess it's like trying on a new outfit...and you're not sure yet if it's for you. I'll get used to it. 
Sad thoughts come and go, but I brush them away: The best thing is to see the babies come into our lives. Will I see them get pretty grown up? Hoping so. 
Will they know that even while they were busy with their activities, school and friends, I was thinking of them and praying for their safety? (even as they begin to run full-force into their own lives) 
Being retired means not chasing after that paycheck, which I did for decades, putting up with some awful bosses along the way. Whew! So glad that's over. It also means that I have my own time schedule now. I can stay up as late as I want to, go where I want whenever I want. 
It kind of brings you back to the kind of freedom you had as a kid, before you had to dash off to school, and later to work. Just a handful of years of freedom on both ends of your life, I guess. 
Many of my classmates never reached this age. Some had major accomplishments and I've had few. But I'm still being given extra time to get some things done...so I guess 66 is pretty good.

No comments: