Friday, February 11, 2011

Not Spicy Meatballs

Well, because I was snowed in last week, I was sitting around watching a lot of TV.
On one program they featured a chef, who was explaining his fave recipe for meatballs.   Since I had a pen and paper handy, I quickly scribbled down his recipe and directions, which he demonstrated.

Although his recipe called for 2 lbs. of ground beef,  I did make mine with 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 ground turkey.  I've never used the turkey meat, and I think that gave it a slightly different flavor.
After mixing all the ingredients, I browned the meatballs in a pan on top of the stove, then added them to the tomato sauce.
They were good, and my husband said he liked them; but to me that needed a little more pizazz.  I thought they could use a little more spiciness.
I think I will try the recipe again, but add something a little more spicy to the meatballs.  Still, they were a good option for a cold, snowy day.  Did I say "day"?  Around here in New England, it's been weeks and months of snowstorms.
Keeping my eyes peeled for Spring of 2011!

No comments: