Sunday, December 19, 2010

A new baby is coming

I just finished this baby blanket for a neighbor, who is expecting.  Since I don't know yet whether it's a boy or a girl, I used a combination of white yarn and a yarn that is mostly white, with specks through it in pastel colors.         
I like to use that basket weave design because it's simple enough to do while watching TV and not get off track. It's just K a number of rows, then P a number of rows. (I used 10 rows in these blocks.)  On the edge, and in between the squares I used a seed stitch, which alternates the K and P stitches. When I use two strands of yarn together, I like to use a 10 1/2 needle, to accommodate the extra thickness of the yarn.
I also bought some pale yellow yarn for another blanket; but I can't wait until I can buy other colors to knit for this baby!   I remember waiting for the mother to be born...and now we are waiting for HER baby to be born!  Wow, time sure does fly.

No comments: