Wednesday, June 9, 2010

OK...Here's the finished product!


We put the window boxes up under the bedroom windows the other day and today we bought some flowers from a country greenhouse not far from home.
I got out there, adding soil to the plastic liners inside the window boxes and tapping the plants out of their plastic pots when it began to rain.
Well, I couldn't let that deter me.
I got the planting done in the rain, then went in and got my camera.  I stepped outside to take a couple of pics even though it was really starting to come down.
It looks like the paint that we had mixed is a pretty good match for the shutters, so I'm happy about that.
My camera didn't do any worse for the raindrops and when I was satisfied with my arrangements, I poured some water on them to get them settled in.
Now I found out that I have to do some trimming of the bushes in front of the house, so that the flowers can be seen from the street.
That's for tomorrow.....as long as it's not still raining.

No comments: