Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bring on the flowers

We've been admiring other people's window boxes lately and decided that we should put some on the front of our house.
A week or so ago we went to the unfinished wood store and picked out the window boxes and the necessary brackets to install them on the side of the house.
They sat in the garage, waiting for a few days.  Then my husband came home with the white paint for the base coat and had the blue mixed to match our front door and the shutters.
OK, I finally gave in after having two fans blowing in the dining room for a couple of days.  I closed up the house and put the central air conditioning on.  That seemed to speed up the drying process in all of this humidity.
 Now I have finished the project and happily we will install them under our windows today!  I haven't painted in awhile (except for bird houses) and although I enjoyed it, I just wanted it to be done after one coat.
However, I had to be patient because the paint and the wood are in charge of a project such as this one.

No comments: