Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Boat-neck sweater

I used a pattern I found online as sort of a guide; but since I was using 3-ply yarn, which is thin, I had to adjust the directions to accommodate the size.
I used the general finished size that I wanted to decide how many stitches to cast on for the back, front and the sleeves.
I found these cute teddy bear buttons at the LYS. They have a great supply of buttons for every type of person!
I did both the back and front at the stame time on the same needle, which means that they are both finished at the same time. Somehow, that's easier to face than starting all over again for a duplicate piece.
Same with the sleeves; but I really had to increase my cast-ons once I found that the sleeve just seemed too narrow where it met the body. After all, babies don't like to struggle at all getting dressed. Although I didn't try it on my sleeping baby yet, I will post a pic when he is available.

UPDATE: Seems to fit perfectly!

No comments: