Monday, September 15, 2008

Getting ready for Fall & Winter months



Well, my little girl is always wrapping up in a throw that I crocheted here for my living room.
She likes to be "comfabee". Sometimes she takes my throw home with her, and tells people that I made it for her.
I decided to look through my yarn and find some pastels to work up into a small afghan for her, since she is so appreciative of my simple work. I just chained about 165 stitches and made row after row of single crochet stitches, alternating with any pastels I had hanging around.
I always wash it when I am done, with plenty of fabric softener, then put it in the dryer with a towel. This process is a simple way of "blocking" the afghan and makes all of those stitches just tighten together nicely.
I will bring Taylor her comfabee tomorrow when I see her. She is really anxious for it, as she was wanting to curl up in it last week, while I was still crocheting it!
I love working on something that I don't have to count stitches on, or keep glancing at a pattern while I am watching TV at night. Mindless knitting or crocheting can be so relaxing and enjoyable. (Yes, Markie's and future grandson, Xander's blankets are coming up next.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks so snuggly!