Thursday, October 3, 2013

What's on my needles right now:

I'm working on this baby blanket and finishing it up by the end of the week, I hope.  Our next door neighbor is expecting a baby granddaughter very soon, and I want to have it ready.   This pattern is so easy.  It just consists of three rows, repeated.    The first row is knit, the pattern row is: K1, YO, K5, Sl 1, K2, PSSO, K5, YO, K1, then repeat across row.    Then the third row is Purl.   It causes the ripple effect very easily. 

(For size, you cast on 150 sts.   I used two strands together of kind of thin baby yarn.   You can decide on the size of the needles and the bulkiness of your yarn.  I used # 8 needles on this. After you've reached the length you like, end with Row 1, which is the Knit row....then bind off.   I have made this before and noticed that the bind off row is not as "pointed" as the beginning. That's OK, as I think the less-pointed row could be used up near the baby's chest and neck area.  I suppose it doesn't really matter much. ( Roll that kid up like a burrito! )



No comments: