Saturday, January 19, 2013

Trips to the dollar store

I'm all for buying items that are made in America; but I must admit that I didn't look to see where this one was made.  I can just about guess; but that's not why I'm posting about it.

Over the years, I've tried various reading lights, and most konk out right away.
Yesterday, while getting a couple of things at the local dollar store, I spotted this handy little light.

It has a clip to clip it to a book, of course, but I must admit that I was having thoughts such as clipping it to my blouse, aiming at someplace (such as my cat's paw when trimming claws) so that both of my hands would be free.
The light that eminates is actually quite a piercing beam, very bright, indeed. (My photo of this light doesn't really do it justice--it's powerful and provides plenty of light across both pages!)

The little gadget came with three small batteries, so I opened up the little bullet-like container and inserted them.  All you have to do is press the silver end and the light comes on.

I used it last night to read before I went to sleep. 
I really like this little dollar gadget!

No comments: