Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Coffee Talk

Well, since this blog is called Needles & a Cup of Coffee, it's time to talk about java.
I have been using my beloved Cuisinart 12-cup coffeemaker for years now.  It's starting to sound "strange" like it's laboring to pump that water up and over the coffee grounds.
I went shopping and looked for Cuisinart, seeing that I really liked that brand.
This time, I chose a 10-cup because I thought would be sufficient for us.  Also, this one had the stainless steel carafe, which is a thermal carafe.
Well, the first thing I realized is that I couldn't see the brewed coffee dripping into the carafe, so when I removed it to pour into cups, the filter was still full of water, waiting to drip down.  So there's a no-see issue there.(No, I didn't think I would see it drip through the stainless carafe....but when it signaled that it was done brewing, I thought it really would be "done" brewing.)
I DID like that the side of the coffee maker had the little clear tube which indicated how much water you had poured into the machine. I didn't have that feature on my other one, and I do like that.
In any case, the coffee, using my same measurements of coffee per cup of water, came out quite WEAK.  I did not like it at all.
Overall, it was just not comparing to my old coffee maker, even though it was the same brand.
I am returning it tomorrow and getting a refund.  I already went online and ordered one just like my old fave, from the Home Depot site, which offers free shipping, too.
So, in several days, I should be enjoying my new machine, with my old, great, dependable coffee taste!  Can't wait!

2 comments:

Florence said...

I love that brand as well. I have a Keurig (sp) because I love the K-cups. I have been looking at the Cuisinart K-cup machine because I prefer that brand, but they are too expensive right now. I'll keep my old one until I can afford the one I want. I do love my flavored coffees in the morning!

Markiesnana said...

Coffee Update:
I received my machine and it's working great, giving us very good-tasting coffee.