Saturday, April 9, 2011

Welcoming Spring/Summer

Well, my mother is now officially 92!
We had cake and ice cream for her the other night, and the grandchildren and great-grandchildren came over.
She says that's all she needs for her birthday.   Here she is with Chad, her only grandson.


At last we're having the beginning of warmer weather here in New England!
We really had a winter for the books.  It was one of the worst ones on record; and at one point, we had a snowstorm every week for 6 weeks in a row.


During that time, I fell on the ice and hobbled around for a few weeks, favoring my twisted knee.  I canceled my appointments and sat around with my knee elevated while I did some knitting.
I did get a lot of crafting done throughout this whole time.
But, along with everyone else around here, I am ready for the spring/summer weather and want more than anything to be outdoors again.  Time for soccer and baseball games and going for walks and just plain enjoying the sun.

No comments: